“When it comes to your body- don’t be a blind and deaf tenant”
I have tried for the last year or so to do my best to abide by this quote…it has been a long and tough process but it is truly amazing what your body will tell you if you are willing to listen. In the spirit of listening to your body I took a break from writing this blog…. not because I did not like it but simply because it felt like “one more thing to do”… and my list of things to do was seemingly always long… its been a busy fall/winter and I needed to let some things go in order to survive and not go absolute bananas (trust me I’m half way there)….so even though I didn’t want to I gave up this blog and other things in order to get my ducks in a row. Sorry for my absence… I can’t promise how often I will write but I will for sure let you know when I do.
Looking back over this last year or so it is amazing the things that I have learned about myself just by listening….
1. Dairy intolerance- yes granted I found this out via a blood test but since finding out it has been amazing the difference that it has made in my life
2. Giving up Gluten- after we found out that the girls were Gluten Intolerant I gave it up too so they would not have to watch me eat it in front of them… and to be honest I feel so much better off it.
3. Therapy- I have seen an amazing therapist for a few years now but I will say it was life changing for me. I am very type A and wound a little too tight and she helps me see the things about myself that I may not otherwise be aware of and then I can work to change. I think EVERYONE could benefit from a good therapist
4. Running- speaking of being wound too tight…I have learned that running is more than a way to stay in shape for me…. it’s a mental release. I have way too much adrenaline and anxiety in my body and if I go too long without running and releasing it then I start to get in my own head. I feel it when I don’t run…. weirdly though it is not in my body but in my head…
5. Relaxing- I also learned how important it is to listen to you body when it is done…. if you really don’t feel like running that day…. don’t… and don’t feel guilty about it. It is just as important to take days off for yourself…. this is the VERY HARDEST thing for me to do…. to let go and relax….
6. Wine- every time I drink wine (which I love) my sinuses inflame and I wake up the next day congested. Weirdly enough- one of my friends mentioned that she read that wine contains histamines…so I did a little research and found an all natural Anti-Hist that I take before bed after I have had a glass of wine or 2… and I wake up with no congestion!
Those are just a few that come to mind off the top of my head….
As we near the end of the year and look forward to 2014 are there things that your body is telling you that you are ignoring?
Try to look for ways to better your body and better your life…. it’s a constant search of mine… I work every day to better myself and hopefully others around me….
On Newport Beach…. running and getting away